Tags

, , ,

Once we had completed the tile, we still had the bathroom floor to deal with.  There was at least an inch of mortar that still needed to come up.  Out came the hammer drill.

The mortar came up fairly easy.  However, we were now left with an iron toilet flange that was two inches higher than it needed to be.  After hours of taking the grinder and blow torch to it, we finally got it flush with the floor.  Now we could attach the new toilet flange.  Actually, Norm attached the new toilet flange.  I wouldn’t go near the thing.

It doesn't look like much, but that toilet flange was no easy task. The cat is not impressed.

 
 
Advertisements