I have to admit, I am late getting in on the blog game. I have been a blog lurker for the past couple of years, getting tons of ideas and inspiration from many amazingly talented DIY’ers. I finally decided to start my own, if for any reason, to keep a journal of our projects. (It might also be easier than emailing our pictures and updates to family and friends).
I just wish I had started a long time ago, since we have completed so many projects — but who says you can’t blog about the past? So, I think I will start with one room at a time and bring us up to where we are today. I will apologize now for the photography in these posts, as most were probably taken with my cell phone. I have since acquired a real camera (and Lightroom!) in the hopes of improving my photography skills.
Before I get started, let me state that we are the second owners of a 1960’s basement rancher that was in need of some TLC when we bought it a few years ago. One of our first projects was to sheetrock the cinder block and panelled basement. The basement bathroom was the final battle and one we kept putting off. On January 1, 2009, we set a goal to have it done by January 31st (of the same year). We didn’t meet that deadline, but we did finish before we rang in 2010. Below are the before shots, (which we didn’t think to take until after we had torn the ceiling out–oh well…)